Admins can import files to create or update contacts, companies, deals, tickets, or products in HubSpot.
How to Prep Your Import Files:
- The import file must be .csv, .xlsx, or .xls file.
- The import file should only have one sheet.
- The import file should contain fewer than 250,000 rows and 1,000 columns.
- The import file should be smaller than 150MB.
- Include a header row in your file.
- Each column header should match name of the property that exists in HubSpot. (For Example: First Name = First Name vs Name ≠ First Name)
- During the import process, HubSpot will match the column header to the property name, where possible, to map the property values to be updated.
- Import files for each object type require the following properties:
- Contacts: First name, or Last name, or Email.
- Companies: Company domain name.
- To assign an owner to an object during the import, include a Contact Owner header and add the email address of the user to each row in that column.
Example Import Files (Basic)
Example Import Files (Basic)
Note: For More Complex Imports (i.e. Contacts, Companies and Deals at the same time) please refer this Article
How to Import Your File:
Follow these steps when you want to bulk create or update record of only one object type (e.g., creating only deals). Ensure your file contains only one object type (e.g., the file contains only contacts).
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to your Contacts or Companies
- In the upper right, click Import
- Click Start an import
- Select File from computer, then click Next
- Select One file, then click Next
- Select One object, then click Next
- Select the object Type in your import file.
- Click choose a file and in the dialog box, select your import file. Leave checkbox of object ID unchecked if this is a new list. In the bottom right, click Next.
- On the Map columns in your file to contact properties screen, HubSpot will match the columns in your file to your selected object type's properties based on the header and the property name. You'll see a preview of the property values from your spreadsheet in the Preview Information column.
If any columns do not match an existing property, click the corresponding dropdown menu. You can opt to do one of the following:
- Select an existing property to map the column to.
- Click Create a new property to set up a new custom property in the right panel. The data in the column will now be mapped to this new custom property.
- Select Don't import column to skip importing this column from your spreadsheet.
- If you're not intending to import any data in the unmatched columns, you can select the Don't import data in unmatched columns checkbox to skip these columns.
- Once all columns are mapped or you've opted not to import data in the unmatched columns, click Next
- On the details screen, enter an Import name
- If you're importing a file with only contacts, select the Create a list of contacts from this import checkbox to automatically create a list when the contacts are imported.
- Once the options are set for your import, click Finish import