Notes are great way to update and log updates and important information on a contact, company, deal, and/or ticket record in HubSpot.
Logging a Note
1. Navigate to the contact, company, deal, or ticket you'd like to log a note on.
2. Click on the New note tab and type your note
Mention & Notify someone in your Note
You can tag a co-worker in a note by typing @ followed by their name (example: @johndoe) - HubSpot will automatically notify the user that you have tagged them in a note via email or a notification in their HubSpot portal.
Note: In order to @ mention someone and notify them of a note they must have access to HubSpot.
3. Check that your note is associated with the contact, company, deal, and/or ticket it's related to
Note: HubSpot will automatically record the note to the timeline of all associated records.
4. Click Save note
Pin a Note to The Top of a Record in HubSpot
You can pin a note on any contact, company, deal, or ticket record timeline in HubSpot - a pinned note will appear at the top of the timeline for all users in your HubSpot portal.
1. Navigate to the record of the contact, company, deal, or ticket you'd like to pin a note to
2. Locate the note you'd like to pin (or create a new one using the instructions above) on the record timeline
3. In the upper right side of the note, click Actions > Pin (once a note has been successfully pinned, an orange pin icon will appear on the upper right corner of the note)
Note: You can only pin one note per record - to unpin a note, click Actions > Unpin